Empowering Young Girls One Day at a Time
WHAT WE DO
Founded in 2019, Project STEMinist has been working hard with the help of project coordinators and volunteers to help motivated and underserved young girls get access to unique science, math, business, technology, and engineering resources. Our work is dedicated to helping young girls all over the world feel empowered and capable of going after careers in male-dominated fields. Visit our Mission page for more information. Get in touch to learn how you can make a difference!
- Wed, Feb 01Several Locations- See Description!Feb 01, 8:00 AM – Aug 01, 8:00 AMSeveral Locations- See Description! , Los Angeles, CA, USAPlease bring Children's Band-Aids to a drop off location in the greater Los Angeles area! The first location is outside the UCLA Lab School Administration Office. The second location is outside the Simi Valley Public Library. The third location is outside the Thousand Oaks Public Library.
- Sun, Jul 02Thousand Oaks Teen Center and Library
- Thu, Aug 10Zoom- A link will be emailed!
- Sun, Aug 20Zoom: A Link will be Emailed!Aug 20, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PMZoom: A Link will be Emailed!You stick cookie dough into an oven, and magically, you get a plate of warm, gooey cookies. Except it’s not magic; it’s science! Bake cookies with chemistry tutors, Kenedy and Emily, and learn about the processes of diffusion, density, and the law of conservation In the process!
- Multiple DatesSun, May 21ZOOM: A link will be emailed!May 21, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PDTZOOM: A link will be emailed!Open to all Primary School students. STEM material will be prepared and students can bring any projects of their own! Students can arrive and stay for however long they want during the allotted time. NOTE: If RSVP button does not work, it means the meeting has already reached capacity.
"I was taught the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." -Marie Curie
Kits sent to low-income school districts and the U.S.-Mexico border filled with supplies and tools for students to explore STEM fields
Fighting inequality and helping girls in underserved communities break into fields where they are underrepresented
A positive space for girls to learn about financial literacy, STEM, and educational resources as well as chat with one another informally to build community